Thursday, September 03, 2015

Amspecial

As I said in an earlier post, I went out of my shell today.

First stop, the agency. First few times I went there, I rode cabs because I was always in a hurry. Today I took the bus. Got my list of requirements. Confirmed. I will be starting on October. That is good news. I still have a month left to put everything in place and to immerse myself on Japanese culture.

Next, bought small gifts.

And finally, to my former company. 

I don't know why it took me so long to go there. Somehow there is fear. Now I can't even explain what I was afraid of. When I got there, everyone was just happy. 

I had to answer a set of questions. One question was like what was the best part of your job? My answer- the people in our department. Because, really, they were the best part. 

My manager felt more of a mother. She would always bring as pasalubongs, explain things and cover up for us. I saw how they treated her. And I saw how she treated them. She is a woman of honor and dignity. She never fought back blatantly. She was always calm, always thinking of the best step. She is excellent. She juggled everything- family, crazy executives, the death of her father, me- with excellence. I learned a lot from her. I am a lot better now because of her.

My labmates. It was a rough start. But later on, everything turned out well. I will miss their stories about their children. I never actually saw their children. But it feels like we are friends.

And everybody else. 

I have a family everywhere. 

It was a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home